IAESTE is an exchange organisation which provides every year around 120 internships abroad for students from Swiss higher education institutions, and about the same number of internships for international students at around 100 Swiss companies, research institutions and higher education institutions.
- The internships offers are mainly for students with a natural science / technical background (including architecture). There are also some offers in business / international management field as well as a few English teaching offers every year.
- The offers are always published on the IAESTE website and they are updated once a week.
- The main application period is February, which is the time with the most offers online and that are reserved for students of Swiss universities. Offers are online all year round so the students can actually apply anytime. However, the offers published during the rest of the year are open to students worldwide.
- IAESTE currently has over 80 member countries, meaning that generally the students can find an internship in all of these countries.
- Salary: all the offers are paid. The intern is paid a salary by the employer, which is sufficient to cover the cost of living during the traineeship.
- Duration : from six weeks to twelve months.
- Students are supported by IAESTE during the whole application process and are given advice and recommendations for their CV and motivation letter. IAESTE also gives administrative support for visa / health insurance questions, provides in most cases accommodation. In addition to that, students are automatically within a network in the host country, where events / meetings / airport pick-up etc. are organised.
Up-to-date list of internship offers